Sunday, June 07, 2009

Extreme Rules results

Meh, Extreme Rules wasn't exactly what I'd call a success for my record book, but I wouldn't label it as a failure, either. I wound up finishing 4-4 on the night, so my record stays just about where it was when the day began as far as my winning percentage goes, now at 199-165. Hey, I can score win #200 at Night of Champions. Anyways, for Extreme Rules, thanks a ton to John Cena, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, and Santino Marella (Note: I stuck with Marella even when Chavo Guerrero teamed with Vickie Guerrero to make it a handicap match. Who would've thought my past mistakes wouldn't bite me in the ass this time). But as Randy Orton, Edge, Rey Mysterio, and Christian, you didn't help, so NO SOUP FOR YOU (Note: I didn't take a winner on CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy because I had no idea it was going to happen)! Seriously, how crazy is this? Four of the five belts on the line changed hands tonight, and a new champion was crowned five times. Five title changes in one night with four belts. Unbelievable. Of course, no win can be as emotional as Tommy Dreamer capturing the ECW Championship in the face of retirement. Time will tell if this is it for Dreamer, but if he stays, he gets until Tuesday at the earliest to defend the belt, and if you goes, he goes out on top. Dreamer's first ECW Championship reign lasted a mere 30 minutes. Thus far, his second reign has far outlasted that. Congratulations, Dreamer. It's been a decade since you last had that prestigious ECW Championship, and for a very short time. Now, you get all the time you need to hold on to it.

Don't forget, this blog will be a rockin' Tuesday night as a part of the Red Wings celebration (guarenteed), so come ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home