Saturday, March 17, 2007

Confessions of a "Law & Order" geek

As many of my closer friends know, I'm a HUGE "Law & Order" fan. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" also wet my appatite, but I'll confess to you my deepest secrets as a fan of the series.

Something that will get me killed by the idiot box faithful, my second favorite ADA on the original was Elisabeth Rohm. I know, go ahead, boo and hiss all you want. I just thought she had a certain determination in her character that made her stand out.

Of course, my all time favorite is Angie Harmon. Her intelligence and near-impentrible emotions made her seem like quite the show badass. Of course, those business suits did her body no justice. For proof, go look for screencaps from "Lawn Dogs" (and if you feel really dirty, there's an eleven year-old Mischa Barton before she became an American citizen). Oh yeah, and she's Michigan Wolverine royality (descended from U-M's first Heisman Trophy winner, Tom Harmon).

Two things about Jack McCoy that I (heart). One: "Hang 'Em High McCoy. Bust the bad guy any way possible. Two: Even at his age, he's a kid at heart. He dates considerably younger woman (including fellow ADA's), rides a Yamaha motorcycle and listens to The Clash. And people say scotch-drinking lawyers aren't funny.

I miss Lenny Briscoe's one-liners. In all actuality, I think Ed Green picked up a few pointers from his partner, but you could never replace Jerry Orbach's sense of humor.

Is it just me, or do Benson and Stabler make the best duo on the "L&O" franchise? To see those two bust a few pedophile's asses every week brings a smile to my face.

If they do leave the show, it'd be a long-shot, but maybe, just maybe, Munch and Stabler could give those a run for their money. Come on, a flaming liberal and an African-American Republican (hard to believe I'm saying that about Ice-T). What's not to like?

The reason they brought Eames on "CI?" Probably to keep the viewers from going crazy from watching Goarn's antics. Still, as polar opposites as they may be, Kathryn Erbe and Vincent D'Onofrio make a nearly unstoppable force. Now if they can catch that pesky Nicole Wallace.

My time's up, you've been great. For the road: Jessica Simpson "A Public Affair"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home