Monday, April 23, 2007

So long, Calgary!

Flames, see ya! Red Wings win the series 4-2, with a 2-1 win in double overtime. I could hardly get to bed. The game started at 9 Eastern and ended at 12:40. The Wings played so steady throughout the series. But I'll give props to Flames goalie Miikka Kiprusoff for staying strong. Facing 255 shots and stopping all but 18? That takes brass balls, guys. I was doing a lot of "KIP-PER" catcalls at the TV, but midway through the first overtime, I earned some respect for the man. Well, the important news is that, thanks to Robert Lang, Johan Franzen, and Nicklas Lidstrom, the Red Wings are a step closer to the Stanley Cup. Next up? Who knows? It depends on tonight's Game 7 between the Dallas Stars and the Vancouver Canucks. If the Stars win, the Red Wings get the Stars. If the Canucks win, the Red Wings get the San Jose Sharks. I'll worry about the opponent tomorrow. The Pistons play tonight and "Heroes" is back! Wah-hoo!

My time's up, you've been great. For the road: Fergie "Fergalicious"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home