Saturday, April 26, 2008

WrestleMania XXIV results

NOT AGAIN! While my picks did much better than the last two pay-per-views, I still sucked at picking the winners at WrestleMania XXIV. I went a paltry 4-5 on the night, sinking my record to 138-115. CM Punk, Shawn Michaels, Batista, and Beth Phoenix & Melina were my saving graces for the night. However, the losses to Triple H, Edge, Big Show, Finlay, and Chavo Guerrero made that night another disaster for me. God, I was considering changing from Chavo Guerrero to Kane, but I went against it. Eight seconds later, I regretted that decision. So, all I have to do now is hope that things will improve to the way they once were tomorrow night at Backlash. And of course, yours truely will be right here with the card, picks, and results.

And I think I need to give my loyal blog readers something to enjoy. While I rejoiced that Shawn Michaels prevented the show from being a total stinker in the record books, it made me cry (I'll admit) to have to see a legend like Ric Flair have to hang up the boots. It's just one of those things that professional wrestling fans knew would be coming, and soon, but hoped it never would. The good thing is that Flair doesn't have to be seperated from his wife and children because he's on the road close to 300 days a year, while still keeping close contact with his friends in the industry where he gave just under 36 years of his life. I'm afraid that no matter what I say about the nature Boy, they will never do the man credit. So, as a special treat, I bring you these presents. I have to say thanks to YouTube member PANDAjCK, who was at Amway Arena in Orlando the night after WrestleMania XXIV. This guy did something we wrestling fans should thank him for. From his seat, he used either his cell phone or camera to record Ric Flair's final moment in a WWE ring. And he didn't stop when the cameras connecting Orlando to the world were done, but he also got rare off-air footage that has become so hard to come by with the Undertaker and Vince and Stephanie McMahon. Thanks, PANDAjCK. Here you go, readers. In a four part presentation, Ric Flair's retirement speech (never mind the cat at the beginning of parts three and four, it's just to keep the with the title just to keep the WWE from pulling the clips).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQQnApsgPX4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMrRl8obteM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS_2oFNuKa0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnhhTrdY20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home