Thursday, March 16, 2006

Only two more hours...

Until the American release of "V for Vendetta." Yeah, like I'm gonna pull a TRL and wait in line. I love Natalie Portman too, but I'm not anxious to go see a midnight show. This looks like a killer film. Basically, here's the plot: Germany wins World War II (Lord, kill me now), and the United Kingdom is now a facist republic. The masked superhero, V, played by Hugo Weaving, aka Agent Smith from "The Matrix" movies (funny how the Wachowski brothers did the screenplay, ain't it?), launches vigilante attacks against the oppressive government. When a young woman named Evey (Natty Katt) is rescued by V, she joins the fight against this nightmarish British government. Believe me, this sounds like a kick-ass movie that should not be missed. I hope to catch it on the weekend.

Oh, alright, high school basketball update, but only because you asked nicely. Clarkston beat Grand Blanc, like I called. So let's say, um, Okemos 66, Dexter 61.

1 Comments:

Blogger Butch Rosser said...

Actually, the plot takes place in the future and not after WWII: the foreign war overseas turns America into a quagmire and Britian takes over as Superpower Number One.

****, BTW. (10:00 showing, ha!)

8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home