Friday, March 23, 2007

Todd Bertuzzi: Hero or Villian?

In case you don't know who I'm talking about, I referring to the Red Wings' trade deadline acquistion. If you don't remember, when he was a member of the Vancouver Canucks, he barrled into the Colorado Avalnche's Steve Moore from behind with the shaft of his stick, breaking Moore's neck. I think personally, Bertuzzi was doing the NHL a favor. Nobody likes the Avalanche, so why not? OK, I'm not serious, I'd never wish Steve Moore any ill will. But Bertuzzi has paid his debt the NHL with a lengthy suspension and to society with the criminal charges. But the Tood Bertuzzi is known for doing dirty defensive work. He's known for plowing players down mid-ice and aggressively crashing the net, occassionally taking a goalie down. That's hockey for you guys. Bertuzzi simply plays the game like a gritty veteran, and as long as he isn't intentionally hurting people any more, why continue having a witch hunt against the guy? Just no need to do so, NHL fans.

My time's up, you've been great. For the road: Ne-Yo "Sexy Love"

1 Comments:

Blogger Butch Rosser said...

What's an NHL fan?

2:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home