Sunday, September 09, 2007

Haunting music

I was inspired to try this post out today after today's church service. One of the choir members did a solo performance of "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Grobin. Anyone who's heard this song knows how spine-tingling it is. So I thought I'd go to you people and ask which recent single is the most hauntingly beautiful. I've got five videos to choose from. You decide which one sends shivers up your nervous system.

First up, I bring you "Incomplete" by the Backstreet Boys. Make fun of me if you want, but I couldn't believe how chilling it was when I first heard it.


Next we got "Because of You" by Kelly Clarkson. Sorry that's it's from The Sims. I couldn't embed the original version.


Of course, I'm not forgetting today's solo. So here's "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban. Just a beautiful song.


And here's the most bone-chilling, turn-your-blood-to-ice song from last year. It's "Unfaithful" by Rihanna.


And if you tell me the lullaby melody of this song doesn't make your body shiver, I know you're lying. Here's "Everytime" by the about-to-rebound-big-time Britney Spears.


My time's up, you've been great. For the road: Common "The People"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home