Wednesday, April 11, 2007

First the bad news...

I learned today that there was a death in the family. My second cousin Glenn from Connecticut committed suicide on Sunday. Things had never been easy for him. He was severly depressed, his wife walked out on him with the kids (again), his oldest daughter is pregnant and doesn't know who the father is (which is considered really bad given their religion), and he was feeling inadequdate at work, working at the same factory for 35 years, loosing good spots to younger, stronger men. This really is quite sad. Before Glenn shot himself, he used up the final $600 to his family's name (they had inherited $1 million from my late great-uncle ten years ago) to buy the gun with which he took his life. I don't know if there was a note, but his family is really looking to be in bad shape. Glenn's family is from a fundamentalist Christian religion, so having a baby without the father around is quite frowned upon. The daughters are covered up (no revealing clothes), they are home-schooled, and the only TV they watch is PBS. Now, they are flat broke, more than likely to be evicted from their home in the next mother, the widow would have to stop home schooling and send the kids to a public school, where I fear they will be tormented, and she will have to look for a real job because Glenn used to bring home the paycheck. I just want to say this. Glenn, may God rest your soul, but if you really wanted to do this, how could be so selfish and not think about the consequences you brought upon your family? Why wouldn't you give a damn about their future? Guys, let me just that in my mind, suicide is nothing short of a selfish, cowardly way out of your problems. I just wish that Glenn had tried to seek some help before he completely went and destroyed his family's lives. I may be emotional, but just because I never knew Glenn that well doesn't mean that I can't help but weep for his family. I'm going to keep Glenn's wife and kids in my prayers, and I please ask you all to do the same. Thank you.

My time's up, you've been great. For the road: Chingy "Pullin' Me Back"

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindylover1969 said...

Can't comment... just can't. Shit all round.

9:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home